Since I dance upwards of three times a week at the moment I decided it would be a good idea to invest in some new clothes to wear. I made myself a new skirt recently with some A-mazing polka dot fabric but I don't have a large number of loose tops to wear in lessons.
Raiding the stash of T-shirt material that we have acquired recently I picked out a lovely pink (not photographed yet) and a very nautical white with blue stripes for my sister. From these a simple rectangle, with arm and neck holes was created, to give the top some shape a waist was put in using shirring elastic.
Cue one very loose and cool looking top:
|This is my sister modelling her version of the top. |
I decided to try out the same design with a floaty material which Nikki had purchased for a skirt and never actually got round to making it:
|My version, please ignore the unhemmed edges.|
This produced a lovely light top which when worn over a strappy top with be lovely for dance lessons and every day wear too. :D
If I may say so myself it looks like our first attempt with shirring elastic was a success, even my mother has put in a bid for her own top made to the same pattern as mine! We just need to learn how to use our new rolled hem foot to keep it from unravelling.
PS just because this photo is funny I thought I would show you my sister playing 'model' and pouting :p
Labels: New stuff, sewing