Having been out of the country for last winter living with a very limited set of clothes (living out of my bag for nearly 6 months) and then once back home I spent a lot of the summer here and there with sailing so more living out of bags I have been enjoying the Winter and getting to wear a selection of different clothes and nice snugly jumpers. Being used to very limited space and surroundings and lack of a sewing machine (although I did get to use one a few times) during my sailing I have got out of the habit of making things and I'm trying to get back into that.
Recently I have made a few things
|Both this Top and Skirt for Our Nationals at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool|
|This skirt is an attempt to copy one I have which needs replacing as it is falling apart. (Still needs a waist band)|
These have all been for dancing so I am attempting to plan some more sewing that is not dance related as the Uni comps have stopped for the year.
Soon after I first came back Nikki and I started designing a dress for a friend of ours and when trying to find the correct colour and weight of fabrics we started collecting samples, from this I started collating the ones we have in a book and noting down what they had been used for (or what they were earmarked for).
|The First Samples Added|
|Look out for some of these to pop up in projects in the near future|
|These were the samples for the Dress|
Well I am happy to say that the book has evolved since then and I am using it to design and review patterns that I am going to do.
|Designing a Practice dress based on the Teal Coloured lace.|
This one has the drawing stuck in from another book which I can fit in my handbag and was drawn/designed in Costa on the way to the Fabric store so that I could work out how much I needed to buy!
|Designing a standard top, and a sample of the fabric.|
This one was designed to take up a small amount of fabric but still have some flow over the shoulders. Trying to fit the designs in to the fabric I still have available sometimes produced some interesting results but this one is nice.
I also have that material in a pink colour way too, possibly for a Latin top to go with the new skirt.
Heres to more designing and sewing.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Labels: Dance, IVDA, Planning, sewing, Sewing Book